This quick HowTo describes the basic setup for connecting Microsoft Outlook to your HUSD Google Apps account.
Download the proper version of the tool here: 10.1.20.4/gsync and start the installation process.
1. Sign into Google Apps Sync application by entering in your full HUSD email address and password. Make sure "Remember me" is checked and click "Continue"
2. At the Set Up dialog box, leave all the default options alone and click "Create profile"
3. After a short wait, once you see this window, click "Start Microsoft Outlook"
4. Where this window will ask you to choose which profile to use. Choose your new Google Apps profile.
5. The software will connect to Google Apps and begin syncing. You may being using Outlook, although we recommend waiting after (at least) the contacts are fully synced. You may hit "Close" at that point if you'd like.
6. Now when you open Outlook, make sure to always choose your Google Apps profile as you did in step 4.
For more information please visit the Google Apps Sync for Outlook.
Windows 7 32-bit, Outlook 2010 32-bit tested and confirmed 4/19/2013 by D.Cooke
Windows 7 64-bit, Outlook 2010 64-bit
Windows 7 64-bit, Outlook 2012 64-bit
Windows XP 32-bit, Outlook 2010 32-bit
Windows XP 32-bit, Outlook 2012 32-bit
Windows XP 32-bit, Outlook 2007 32-bit